STOP TERRORISING LOCAL POPULATION OF TOMBURA. SPLA-IO SPOKESPERSON IN WES WARNS HIS FORCES.

Spread the love

STOP TERRORISING LOCAL POPULATION OF TOMBURA. SPLA-IO SPOKESPERSON IN WES WARNS HIS FORCES.

 

(Western Equatoria State)  On Friday, October 8, the Sudan’s People Liberation Army in Opposition (SPLA-IO) forces spokesperson in Western Equatoria State warned his forces to stop terrorising the local population of Tombura. Speaking to radio Tamazuj, Costa Joseph Aburida said “my message to the commanders of Namutina and Zamoi is that they should not allow any soldier to go to Tombura, let the SSPDF forces there be the ones to control the security”.

Recently, the SPLA-IO forces mainly from the Balanda ethnic group have been accused of killing Azande civilians in town.

This warning comes after 40 internally displaced persons (IDPs) mainly the elderly, women and children were evacuated from Namutina area to the SPLA-IO base in Rirangu payam North of Yambio town.

The IDPs were accompanied by 15 SPLA-IO soldiers under the command of Mr. Tartizio Unango who is the closest relative of governor Alfred Futuyo.

On a separate note, the SSPDF commander in Tombura Gen. James Nando and county commissioner have refuted claim by radio tamazuj that SPLA-IO forces have left Tombura.

Commissioner hon. Matthew Mabenge speaking on phone in Tombura said “the SPLA-IO forces are within town and killing civilians. Last week, they killed two civilians in town and injured one; one civilian near the catholic church premise and another on Mupoi road near the former state secretariat office after setting them on armed ambush respectively”.

Gen. James Nando too has confirmed the presence of SPLA-IO forces within the proximity of Tombura town and the relocation of IDPs from Tombura county to Rirangu base.

Gen Naando said “SPLA-IO forces in Namutina and Zamoi areas have not vacated, the people who were vacated on Friday to Rirangu are IDPs from the ethnic group of Balanda and were mainly the elderly, women and children. Instead, for the past two weeks, we have seen SPLA-IO forces moving away from Namutina base to Bangaru, and Nabiama villages on Giara road, Sinakpuro and Nabaria villages respectively in the proximity of Tombura town. The claim that SPLA-IO forces have vacated Tombura is propaganda and radio tamazuj is misleading the public”.

“I’m urging CTSAMM and other neutral members of the Joint Defence Board to come here to verify the presence of the SPLA-IO forces in these areas”.

Gen. Lul Ruai confirmed to radio Tamazuj this evening that the SPLA-IO forces have not vacated Tombura due to logistical challenges and lack of resources. He said “the army is still mobilising resources for the relocation process”.

Source: ASWO News Desk

Leave your vote


Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Log In

Forgot password?

Forgot password?

Enter your account data and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Your password reset link appears to be invalid or expired.

Log in

Privacy Policy

Add to Collection

No Collections

Here you'll find all collections you've created before.